Australia's leading manufacturer of HO scale model railway equipment
Page Last Updated: 11-OCTOBER-2016
For some time we have been working on a new steam loco project, the C30 Tank Loco. Before Chinese New Year we received the latest set of factory drawings and were just about to send back final corrections for tool making to begin.
It was not our intention at that time to do the C30T version.
- 10-OCT-2016: Order Forms page - updated
- 10-SEPT-2016: Austrains Newsletter #81 - September 2016 V1
- 2-MARCH-2016: NSWGR 41 Class - Now in stock at exibitions only...
- 2-MARCH-2016: NSWGR KKG Horsebox
- JANUARY-2016: Austrains Victorian Railways Z Van Released
- 30-JAN-2016: Order Forms page updated
- 23-AUGUST-2015: Austrains KF-CKF order form
- 11-AUGUST-2015: Austrains NEWSLETTER #70 August 2015 - PDF
- 17-NOV-2013: LHG / OHG Brake Vans - Order Form
8-NOV-2015: Austrains Retailers Page Updated
- Contact Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Announcement from Austrains
Austrains advises that, as part of our plans for retirement, we have sold all of our existing tooling to SDS Models who will continue updating and manufacturing our range of locomotives, coaches and wagons. The corporate structure of Austrains Pty. Ltd. remains with us. Austrains will continue manufacturing in a smaller way to complete several projects we have outstanding. These are the 41 class diesel, four goods / livestock wagons and a couple of steam locos. We also have a large quantity of stock to dispose of so expect to see us around the exhibition circuit, albeit in a slightly smaller way, for the next few years. Our arrangment with SDS Models is that ownership of the tooling for the as yet unreleased models will transfer to them after the first run of models is complete.
All enquiries relating to Austrains brand products should be addressed to Austrains, not SDS Models.
We wish Steven Pracy and his team well with this new venture which, with the combined tooling of SDS and Austrains, will give them a larger variety of product, covering a greater time span, than any other Australian manufacturer.
For our part we will now have time to take things easier, travel a bit more but still maintain a presence in the industry. I may even write a book about my last forty years in the model wholesaling and manufacturing business. That should have a few people running for their solicitors.
Link to Austrains News Page...
Please go to the Contact Page to contact Austrains Pty Ltd.